Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm all in

I like many things in life, I hate even more, but there's only one thing that I love and hate at the same time: Poker - Texas Hold'em. I started playing poker a few months ago, when I was still working for Gandul, the newspaper. At the beginning of September, I bought chips and poker table and I started playing with my friends. Obviously, since I stink at math and my logic just doesn't exist, I’m the worst poker player alive. That's why I hate it. Initially we were playing tournament, and it was fun, but I was pretty hysterical and frustrated because I couldn’t play so well. Me and seven other friends met at v's place (and mine) and played for hours. But... everything changed when we discovered cash game. First of all, I learnt how to play and I started winning money, not too much, but something!
The most memorable poker night was a couple of weeks ago. We played for almost 7 hours and it was the first time when I actually gambled and did tricks. I left the table at 6 am with double the money I started. One of our friends was the master of bluffs and kept on winning with worst hands, like 2 / 7, 3 /8 and stuff like that. It was hardcore.
The most important thing in poker is patience. If you’re not patient, you will lose, no matter what cards you have and how well you know how to calculate your chances of winning a hand. Even though you may win a couple of pots being lucky, overall you will lose, and if you don’t know how and when to stop, you can lose a lot, even your mind. :)
As a conclusion, I learnt that poked is, really, art. Since I have a total lack of talent in poker, I’ll keep on losing money and entertaining my friends with my stupid decisions.

Here you can see some videos from High Stakes Poker – Las Vegas. Daniel Negreanu rules!

High Stakes Poker Season 1 - Ep. 1





High Stakes Poker - Season 1, Ep 2.



No comments: