Monday, May 26, 2008

Pets pets pets

As I was saying when I first started to write on this blog, I love everything that moves and has a fur: cats, dogs, hamsters, squirrels and much more. I even love fishes, hippos (which I still think they are peaceful animals), big cats (they fit the small/furry category anyhow J), and so on.
My fest real pet was Lisa, a very white, evil and fun cat. I still have it and it’s still my number one pet. But, a few more pets have made room into my life. My boyfriend’s dog, Jimmy, for example, it’s amazing. Jimmy is one of the funniest dogs I have ever seen. He is very afraid of cats and tiny dogs but he loves chasing and barking at very, very, big dogs. The fun part is the when he is struggling to bark and annoy the big dog, the poor guy looks kind of weird at him, almost thinking: man, this little guy here is as big as my tail, what does he expect? So, everybody is ok, Jimmy barks, other dogs ignore it, some start chasing him and cats will always make him very scared. That’s why I had to live Lisa at my parents. And, because I felt so very sorry that I don’t have a pet of my own at V’s place, I bought some.. pets. J
A few months ago, in October – November if I’m not wrong, after I saw a nice show on pets on tv I said I had to gave a guinea pig. I went to the pet shop to get one, but unfortunately all that they had we’re two tiny hamsters – Roborovski. I was so desperate in buying something alive, I didn’t think much and I just bought them.
I uploaded some pictures of them on the blog, a few posts behind.
The sad part of the hamsters live is… the death of Lola, one of the hamsters. When I clean their cage, I usually place them in a small aquarium, but this time it was special because one of them was already living in the aquarium because they had a huge fight a week ago. I had to place one in the aquarium and one in the bathtub. The one in the bathtub… Lola that is, after I finished cleaning the cage I lifted it and Lola climbed on it, but on the bottom of the cage. I did not see it climbing and hanging of the bottom of the cage and I believed that it simply escaped from the bathtub inside the house. I left the cage down and I started searching for it. After a few minutes of searching I lifted the cage again and I saw it. It was dead. I killed it with its cage. It was a very depressing and terrifying moment. I cried for two days. It was a very cold windy winter night. All the streets were covered in snow and I just wanted to bury her, I couldn’t throw it away just like that. I made a small coffin out of a box where Tibi’s father kept his transistors, spelled Lola’s name on it and a few best wishes and we went to the park to bury it. At the park we asked the guardian to allow us to bury it, and he was kind enough to do it. While we were burying Lola some other guardian started screaming at us because we were destroying the park. My hamster is 4 cm long and he was very drunk. He wanted to give us a ticket but eventually Tibi and Adi convinced him that my 4 cm hamster had couldn’t possibly destroy the park.
Since tomorrow is my birthday, my best friend from childhood, Mirela, thought it was more that ok to get me a nice gift. She got me another hamster. I named him Victor, don’t really know why, his face seems like a Victor one. He is the smallest hamster I have ever seen in my life. Is not even half of Ebola, my other hamster.
I think they are getting along very well, they’ve socialized in the bathtub, they even shared the same wooden house and they didn’t start a fight. They were fooling around a little bit but nothing too suspicious. I’m still a bit afraid that they will kill each other and I’m not keeping them in the same cage if I’m not home to separate them in case they do start a fight.
So, I can’t wait to go home and put them together again and look at them playing for hours J.
I’m really happy with my new hamster! He rules! J - Pictures soon! J

No comments: