Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stories from the city, stories from the sea

I have to say that I’m done with publishing photos of myself. Those were the first and last ones. That’s it! / So, let’s get back to our business!

I remember a very nice part of a movie I’ve seen a few years ago, a very popular one, Kill Bill Vol. II. At the end of the movie, when she finally meets Bill, he tells her a little story about super heroes. For a long period of time I thought that Spiderman was way better than Superman, and Batman is the lamest of them all. BUT, after I heard that story in Tarantino’s movie, I rethought the whole concept of Superman, and that’s how he is now my biggest superhero.
Billy said that Superman was born with superpowers, he was not a human transformed into superhero. Unlike Spiderman, who had to change his costume into the Spiderman one, and hide his real identity, Superman had to change his outfit just to hide the fact that he is, indeed, Superman. That was the proof that Superman is the natural hero, and Spiderman was just a man with strange powers. This is somehow obvious, but the way he said it made me understand who Superman really is. And while I was watching the movie, I remembered one episode of Superman, when he actually turned back time to save Louis from dying.
So, he can fly, he has a very nice sense of humor, he doesn’t need weapons and cars to travel and, the most important part, he can see trough clothes! I still don’t know how the bad guys always manage to find kryptonite, but then again, we need a main plot in the movie.

No comments: